This form can be used by a married person who wants a divorce or a legal separation. It can also be used by a partner who wants to dissolve a civil union.
Click on this link to get the Department of Health form.
Before you start, you will need:
- Name and address of your spouse or partner
- Birth date of spouse or partner, if you know it
- The date you got married
- The date you separated, if any
- Information about any other court cases for divorce, legal separation, dissolution or annulment that you or your spouse/partner filed before
- Information about any cases for relief from abuse that you or your spouse have filed before
If you have minor children with your spouse/partner, you will also need:
- Names and birth dates of your children
- Names and addresses of people who have lived with your children in the past 5 years
- Addresses for your children for the past 5 years
Learn more about Divorce in Vermont.
PDF Form to Print or Fill Out
Here are the PDF versions of the:
Find more divorce court forms on the Vermont Judiciary website.