This “Complaint” form can be used by a married person who wants a divorce or a legal separation. It can also be used by a partner who wants to dissolve a civil union that took place in Vermont.
Before you start, you will need:
- Name and address of your spouse or partner
- Birth date of spouse or partner, if you know it
- The date you got married
- The date you separated, if any
- Information about any other court cases for divorce, legal separation, dissolution or annulment that you or your spouse/partner filed before
- Information about any cases for relief from abuse that you or your spouse have filed before
If you have minor children with your spouse/partner, you will also need:
- Names and birth dates of your children
- Names and addresses of people who have lived with your children in the past 5 years
- Addresses for your children for the past 5 years
PDF Form to Print or Fill Out
Here are the PDF versions of the Complaint forms:
This is only one of the forms you need to file for divorce. Follow the step-by-step instructions and short videos, and get all the forms you need on our Divorce Roadmap.
Divorce Roadmap: Learn the steps to getting a divorce in Vermont in our Divorce Roadmap. Watch our videos, read our detailed instructions and follow the steps.
Find more divorce court forms on the Vermont Judiciary website.