Video: How We Can Help
Key sections of this video:
00:00 How we can help
04:14 How to contact us
07:29 How we work
09:44 Our staff will decide how best to help you
13:19 What are civil legal services?
16:51 Are you a victim of crime or abuse?
18:03 Working together for justice
The following videos about fair housing rights are in American Sign Language (ASL) with English captioning.
- Introduction to the Series
- Video 1: Obtaining a Fair Mortgage Loan
How to obtain full and fair access to information about mortgage financing
- Video 2: What is Lending Discrimination?
Understanding your fair lending rights under the federal Fair Housing Act
- Video 3: Homeowners Insurance Rights
Understanding your fair insurance rights under the federal Fair Housing Act
- Video 4: Your Right to Effective Communication in Lending Transactions
Obtaining an interpreter or other auxiliary aid in the mortgage lending process
- Video 5: HUD Housing Discrimination Complaint Form 903
Step by Step instructions on how to fill out the online housing discrimination form
- Video 6: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity for All
You are entitled to Equal Opportunity in the use and enjoyment of your home
- Video 7: How to Complain about Housing Discrimination
Understanding the housing discrimination complaint process
- Video 8: Your Right to Effective Communication in Buying or Renting a Home
Obtaining an interpreter or other auxiliary aid in renting or buying a home and using the relay system
- Video 9: Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity for the Deaf
Common problems faced by persons who are deaf or hard of hearing in the buying, renting and use of a home
- Video 10: The Federal Fair Housing Act and Reasonable Accommodations
- Video 11: The Federal Fair Housing Act and Reasonable Modifications
- Video 12: Local Fair Housing Organizations
How your local fair housing organization can assist you if you believe you have experienced housing discrimination
This video series was produced by the National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA), in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).