1. Vermonters impacted by flooding can sign up for health insurance with Vermont Health Connect
Here are details about this chance to sign up, which is called a Special Enrollment Period (SEP):
- It is open to anyone in the state who is eligible to get a plan on Vermont Health Connect and can attest that they were impacted by the flooding.
- You can get a plan with either BCBSVT or MVP.
- To sign up, you must call Vermont Health Connect at 1-855-899-9600 and tell them you were impacted by the flooding.
- It is limited to one-time use.
- Your start date will be the first of the month following your plan selection.
- This SEP is available until April 24, 2024.
2. Vermonters who lost Medicaid can also sign up
If you lose Medicaid, you can also sign up for a plan with Vermont Health Connect. Contact Vermont Health Connect today at 1-855-899-9600 ask about signing up for a health plan.
This SEP is available until April 24, 2024.
Learn more on the Vermont Health Connect website.
Call us with questions
The Office of the Health Care Advocate is a free and confidential resource for Vermont residents. Contact us if you have questions about health insurance or any health care related issue.
- Online information and help request form: vtlawhelp.org/health
- HelpLine: 1-800-917-7787