The Disability section has information about:
- assistive technology and where you can apply for help to pay for it
- developmental disability services - where to get services, who is eligible and how to apply
- how to appeal if you are told you can't get developmental disability services or that your services will be cut or stopped
- how to file a complaint if you don't get good care or services, a provider is rude to you or an agency doesn't respect your rights
- what you can do about disability-based discrimination in housing and employment situations, what a "reasonable" accommodation or modification is, and what your rights are when you are asked to "prove" that you have a disability
- our Consumer Assistance Program that can help if you have problems applying for or getting vocational or independent living servicesother topics including guardianship, long term care, Social Security and special education
Click the links on the left for more information on these topics.
If you don't find the information you need or if you need more help, call Vermont Legal Aid at 1-800-889-2047.