The Client Assistance Program (CAP) is part of Vermont Legal Aid's Disability Law Project. We provide free, confidential help to individuals with disabilities who have problems applying for or getting vocational or independent living services.
We advocate for and protect the rights of individuals who apply for or receive employment-related rehabilitation services from these agencies or programs funded under the Rehabilitation Act:
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation
- Vermont Center for Independent Living
- Division for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Vermont Association for Business, Industry and Rehabilitation
- Supported Employment
- School-to-Work Transition Services
CAP is a federally funded program.
The Rehabilitation Act
Congress passed the Rehabilitation Act to help people with disabilities get good jobs and be independent, self-sufficient and part of their communities. Congress also funded Client Assistance Programs to help people get the employment-related rehabilitation services they need.
Call the Client Assistance Program at 1-800-889-2047.
You can find the information on this page in our Client Assistance Program brochure. The brochure is available online in Arabic, Burmese, English, French, Kirundi, Nepali, Somali and Spanish.