Vermont Law Help's Housing Law Page
The content below is sorted by category. Can't find what you are looking for? Try using the search box, or browse our Library. Want more information about a topic? Click [view all].
Have you lost your housing or had your home damaged by Hurricane Irene? Call 2-1-1 for help.
Landlord/Tenant [view all]
Information and resources about the landlord/tenant relationship.
- Healthy and Safe Housing,
- Website about Vermont Rental Housing Codes
- Guests and Excluding Visitors,
- How to get your security deposit back,
- Sample Landlord Repair Letter,
- Sample Letter to Landlord about Access,
- Notice Against Trespass,
- Renter Rebate.
Eviction [view all]
- General Overview of the Eviction process,
- Steps in an Eviction,
- What to do if you are locked out or illegally evicted,
- How to file a counterclaim or how to file an answer using our Answer and Counterclaim forms.
- Interactive forms for filing a response to an Eviction. Use this program to fill out all the forms you need to respond to a landlord's complaint for eviction in court.
- Glossary of terms used in Superior Court.
Fair Housing [view all]
April is Fair Housing Month!
Learn more about Housing discrimination by watching this video:
Homelessness [view all]
Check here for information on homeless shelters and help for homeless people.
Foreclosure [view all]
- General information about the Foreclosure process in Vermont,
- How Mediation Can Help Save Your Home
- Form Answer, Notice of Appearance, and Request for 6 Months to Redeem
- Request for Foreclosure Mediation- Use this form to request mediation in your foreclosure case
- National Mortgage Settlement- Can it help you? (links to the Vermont Attorney General's office)
- Read our Tenants and Foreclosure Page
- Use this Notice of Appearance form(PDF) to enter your appearance in the foreclosure case
Are you having trouble paying a Bank of America home loan? Read this flyer for more information about an opportunity to reveiw your Bank of America mortgage. The event is in Burlington on March 9-10, 2012. If you are interested you must register by calling 1-855-201-7426.
Owning a Home [view all]
Mobile Homes [view all]
Search This Site
May 16, 2013
May 13, 2013
April 25, 2013
- 1 of 34