This website provides general civil (non-criminal) legal information and helps you find free and low-cost civil legal aid, assistance and services in Vermont.
Click the topic on the left that is most like the problem you need to solve. You will find:
- resources and information about your legal rights, the law and the courts
- links to state and community resources that may be able to help you
- tools like legal forms and guides to help you prepare for a court appearance
- sample letters to help solve a problem - for example, with a landlord or bill collector
If you need more help, call Vermont Legal Aid at 1-800-889-2047. The hotline hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:30-1:30 and
- Tuesday, Thursday 11:30-4:00
You can leave a message at any time.