Vermont Law Help's Money & Debt Page
Welcome to our Money and Debt page. We have highlighted some of our most popular content here. The content below is sorted by category. Can't find what you are looking for? Try using the search box, or browse our Library. Want more information about a topic? Click on [view all].
Debt and Backruptcy [view all]
- Read our overview of what happens during the Debt Collections process.
- Need information about repossession? Read our Repossession Information page.
- Also read:Vehicle Repossession: Understanding the Rules of the Road from the FTC
- What happens in a Bankruptcy? - Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (PDF).
- Learn how you can send a Form Letter to Stop Collectors from Contacting You or a Don't Call Me at Work Form Letter.
- Also, learn how You Can Protect Your Property and Income.
Consumer's Rights [view all]
Learn your legal rights as a consumer, and how to file a complaint:
- Consumer Information- Federal Trade Commission
- Link: Consumer Law Information from the Vermont Attorney General (Topics List)
- Link: National Consumer Law Center's Information for Nonlawyers
- Link: Is Information About My Finances Private? (Privacy Rights Clearinghouse)
- Link: Consumer Assistance Program
- Link: File Your Consumer Complaint (Vermont Attorney General's Website)
- Tips for Smart Consumers! (Vermont Attorney General's Website)
- Tips for Consumers in Vehicle Sales, Service and Financing- Consumer Assistance Program
Watch our video about Consumer Law in Vermont. (Video hosted by Channel 17 and the Center for Media and Democracy).
Credit and Credit Reports [view all]
Learn how to Get Your Free Credit Report!
- Credit Repair: How to Help Yourself (from the FTC website)
- Link: Advice for Consumers on the New Credit Card Protections (external document)
- Link: Credit Counseling & Help Paying Debt
- Link: Disagreements with Credit Card Charges. Vermont Attorney General's Website (external document)
- Link: Vermont Attorney General: Your Rights Under Credit Reporting Laws (AG Site)
Asset Building and Estate Planning [view all]
Resources to help you take control of your financial future: Link: Taking Charge: Plan Now for Future Financial Control, the CASH Coalition.
Junk Mail, Telemarketing, Sweepstakes [view all]
Get your name off their list!
- Link: Get Your Name Off Email Lists (DMA Website)
- Link: Get Your Name of Telemarketing Lists (DMA Website)
- Link: Do Not Call Registry
Be smart when shopping over the phone, and learn the legal rules of sweepstakes:
- Link: Tips For Shopping By Mail Or Telephone (DMA Website)
- Link: Sweepstakes: What to Know Before You Enter (DMA Website)
CASH Coalition of Chittenden County [view all]
Search This Site
May 16, 2013
May 13, 2013
April 25, 2013
- 1 of 34